National Chengchi University (NCCU) is Taiwan’s top university for the humanities and social sciences and is internationally recognized for its quality of instruction and scholarship. NCCU currently has position openings fields including the Humanities, Social Sciences, Business, Education, Journalism, Media and Communications, International Affairs, Foreign Languages, Computer Science, Applied Math, Psychology, Neurosciences, and Applied Physics. Interested candidates should have a Ph.D in the related areas. NCCU offers an excellent working environment with competitive salaries and benefits, as well as comprehensive teaching and research support. NCCU is the ideal place for ambitious scholars and academics to build a rewarding career.
Benefit and Environment
NCCU provides comprehensive compensation for full-time teachers. In addition to base pay and performance-based merit bonuses, full-time faculty also receive a wide range of high-quality benefits including comprehensive health insurance, a living allowance, full access to school facilities, accommodation, and pension package.
High-quality Working Environment
All full-time faculty receive National Health Insurance and Civil Servant and Teacher Insurance, offering comprehensive coverage with low premiums and co-pays.
National Health Insurance：
- Premium：NT$1,024 to NT$1,701/month (USD34 to 57)
- Coverage：Illness, injury, accident, childbirth, dental; preventive health care for adults and free cancer screenings for recipient and dependents.
Civil Servant and Teacher Insurance：
- Premium：NT$969 to NT$1,759/month (USD32 to 59)
- Coverage：Pension, disability, death, funeral, childbirth, and child care subsidy.
NCCU provides faculty members with single rooms and family suites for two years (extensions can be arranged under certain circumstances). The university area has abundant high-quality, low-cost housing available.
Teaching and Research Support
- Full-time teachers are required to instruct 12-credit courses (no more than 4 courses) each academic year, while the teachers who are required to be promoted within limited period being allowed to instruct courses no more than 12 credits (no more than 4 courses). Those deemed to have outstanding academic performance will be allowed to reduce their course load to 9 credits.
- NCCU also offers additional funding for relocation, start-up research support, and extra pay to full-time teachers.
- Incoming full-time faculty may attend Mandarin Chinese classes at the university free of charge.
- NCCU provides full-time teachers and staff over 40 with free biannual health screenings. In addition, full-time faculty may receive treatment at the nearby Taipei City Hospital Outpatient Clinic without registration fee.
Campus & Transportation
- NCCU is located in the beautiful Taipei suburb of Mucha, surrounded by lush mountains dotted with temples and tea plantations. Taipei is less than 30 minutes away by bus or MRT.
- Statutory annual salary
- 1.5 month annual bonus
- Merit pay calculated according to academic performance in reference to international standards.
- Full-time teachers and foreign teachers holding permanent residency can elect to receive either monthly pension payments or a lump-sum pension.
- Foreigners are allowed to apply for permanent residency after five years of continuous legal residence in Taiwan.