Starting May 11, all courses this semester will conduct a two-week remote teaching drill
【Article by Office of Academic Affairs】
1.Additional instructions to the no. 1112202175 Letter from the Ministry of Education from May 5, regarding epidemic responses that colleges and universities should take when it comes teaching during the pandemic.
2. As the spread of COVID-19 continues to worsen, our school, in accordance with students and teachers who have been at home in quarantine, has changed to remote teaching in many sectors. In order to strengthen the effectiveness of remote teaching, teachers of all courses in this semester are requested to, starting May 11 (Wednesday) to May 24 (Tuesday) participate in a two-week remote teaching drill.
3. For classes taught indoors, teachers are advised to provide remote teaching at the same time. For other courses that cannot be simultaneously conduted remotely, due to the nature of the course or specific teaching needs (such as practical courses, or physical education classes, etc.), it is recommended that teachers use other methods, such as assigning reading reports, having students watch teaching videos, submitting assignments, discussing or quizzing on online teaching platforms, self learning, etc. to conduct classes.
4. Our Center for Teaching and Learning Development has been providing relevant directions and consultations in regards to remote teaching, and will fully assists teachers in conducting the remote teaching drill.
5. During the remote teaching drill period, all classrooms of our department will not be available to be lent out, and will be reserved for teachers and teaching assistants to conduct remote teaching, or to record teaching videos.
6. After the remote teaching drill period is completed, the teaching method of each class will continue to be in accordance with measures announced by our office on May 4. In addition, according to the supplementary instructions from the Ministry of Education, if there are students in the class who are confirmed cases, or if there are students who have to conduct at home quarantines, or any pandemic related measures, and in order to avoid students having to travel back and forth, thus increasing the risk of infection, after discussing with the students, the class can be conducted remotely until the end of the semester. The final exam can be done online or by different methods remotely.
7. As the epidemic does not appear to be calming down at the moment, the school's epidemic prevention measures for classes will continue to be adjusted in accordance with the relevant guidelines provided by the Ministry of Education. All teachers and students, please pay attention to the latest announcements at all times.