Typhoon Krosa Heads Towards Taiwan
Central Weather Bureau officially issued land warning early this morning as Typhoon Krosa is gaining strength and expanding its radius while approaching Taiwan. Since it’s expected to bring major impact on Saturday and Sunday, everyone is urged to stay alert by securing all windows and doors and prepare for the typhoon by storing drinking water, food, flashlights, batteries and radios.
NCCU Campus Typhoon Emergency Center is established this morning and has immediately set up an emergency contact network. Other preparation has also been done, such as tightening and rearranging outdoor suspenders, signboards, fences and scaffolding as well as gutter cleaning.
1. Whether to cancel the weekend classes will be in accordance with the announcement of Central Personnel Administration (http://www.cpa.gov.tw/)
2. Freshmen Camp of the following departments/clubs are being postponed:
Department of Radio and Television, Department of Risk Management & Insurance, Department of Management Information System, Department of Philosophy, Department of Ethnology and AIESEC.
3. ”HOHO Festival - Workshop on Art and Culture Analysis” of EMBA is postponed.
1. EN90Y Canteen will continue its service as usual.
2. Make sure doors and windows are closed upon leaving.
3. Turn off the electrical appliances that are not in use and keep in mind of fire
4. Park your car away from basement car parks and mountainsides.
5. Dormitory residents should store enough food and drinking water.
6. Please also prepare for the typhoon by storing flashlights and batteries.
1. Campus Typhoon Emergency Center 02-2939-3091 ext. 66119
2. Campus Security Section, General Affairs 02-2939-3091 ext. 66110