The Application of the ASEAN Scholarship for Spring Semester 2018
I. The matters are conducted pursuant to the National Chengchi University - Application Guidelines for the ASEAN Scholarship.
1. The applicant shall be a student officially enrolled at National Chengchi University. ROC nationals and applicants who have a registered address in the ROC (Taiwanese nationality) shall have application priority for the scholarship.
2. Only students who are selected by the Office of International Cooperation (hereafter, “OIC”) or their respective colleges or departments for an exchange program to one of the ten ASEAN countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Singapore, and Vietnam) may apply for the scholarship.
The initial period of the project will prioritize students on exchange programs to Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam.
3. The exchange period shall be at least one semester (academic term), up to one year.
4. Students who have once received this scholarship while enrolled in NCCU degree programs may not apply.
III. Application Period: from November 23 to 5pm, December 15, 2017.
IV. Required Documents
1. Application Form.
2. The official certificate of enrollment from a foreign university and visa.
3. Full transcript.
4. The applicant's ranking certificate (not required for graduate students).
5. Other documents that may be beneficial.
V. Application Procedure:
1. Complete the application form.
2. Sign the form and ask your department / graduate institute for the approval seal and the chairperson’s signature. Graduate students should also ask for the advisor’s signature.
3. Submit the application form along with the required documents to the OIC, located on the 7th floor of the Administration Building, by 5pm, December 15, 2016.
1. Each recipient shall receive NT$20,000 per semester.
2. All applicants should submit the previous transcript up to Spring Semester 2017 (inclusive); Undergraduate applicants should also include the class ranking certificate up to Spring Semester 2017.
3. The overseas study period should be at least one semester (or academic term), and the student shall take and pass at least one course per semester (or academic term). Unless the situation is caused by force majeure, students who did not fulfill the above requirements are not eligible to receive the scholarship, and he or she should return the scholarship if it is already received. Students shall still be enrolled in NCCU during that time and pay tuition to NCCU.
4. After returned from abroad, students should submit a photocopy of the overseas transcript and an overseas study report to the OIC within one month. The OIC may request students to participate in various meetings regarding the overseas studies.
5. Students studying abroad shall comply with laws of the respective country, laws of the ROC, as well as NCCU regulations, or they shall be punishable in accordance with the relevant regulations and disqualified from receiving the scholarship.
VII. Further inquiries, please contact Ms. Rita Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
VIII. Further Information & Downloads: