Regarding the Application of Short-Term Overseas Studies Subsidy for Fall Semester 2018
I. The matters are conducted pursuant to the National Chengchi University Short-Term Overseas Studies Subsidy Guidelines and the Implementation Details.
1. The applicant shall be a student officially enrolled in the National Chengchi University (hereafter referred to as the “NCCU”).
2. ROC nationals and applicants who have a registered address in the ROC shall have priority in the application for the subsidy.
3. The applicant's foreign language proficiency shall meet the National Chengchi University Language Requirements for Applying Short-Term Overseas Studies Subsidy.
4. Students with outstanding academic performance (undergraduate students’ average grade should rank within top 30% in class) are eligible to apply.
5. Only students who have been nominated by the Office of International Cooperation (hereafter referred to as the “OIC”) or their respective colleges or departments for the exchange program, or those who applied to overseas universities by themselves and have been granted the admission for Fall Semester 2018 (August 2018 to January 2019) may apply for the subsidy.
III. Application Period: from April 30, 2018 to 5 pm, May 25, 2018.
IV. Required Documents
1. The application form
2. Academic transcript(s)
3. Class Ranking Certificate (only applicable to undergraduate students)
4. Study plan
5. The original and a photocopy of the letter of acceptance from the host university (The original copy will be returned to the student after review. Students who have not yet received the letter of acceptance shall print the admission list with the seal of the issuing office on the list as proof)
6. A valid foreign language proficiency certificate
7. Other documents beneficial for review
V. Application Procedure:
1. Complete the application form.
2. Sign the form and ask your department / graduate institute for the approval seal and the chairperson’s signature. Graduate students should also ask for the advisor’s signature.
3. Submit the application form along with the required documents to the OIC, located on the 7th floor of the Administration Building, by 5pm, May 25, 2018.
1. Students applying for exchange to universities in Mainland China are not qualified to apply for the subsidy.
2. Proof of language ability: please submit relevant proficiency certificate of the language that will be used as medium of instruction in the host university. Additional proficiency certificate(s) for other languages can also be provided.
3. All applicants should submit the previous transcript up to Fall Semester 2017 (inclusive); Undergraduate applicants should also include the class ranking certificate up to Fall Semester 2017.
4. Students receiving the subsidy shall take and pass a minimum of six (6) credits each semester (or academic quarter) during the study aboard period. They shall still be enrolled in NCCU during that time and pay tuition to NCCU.
5. Procedures and regulations for course selection aboard and credit transfer can be found on the Office of Academic Affairs’ website. Relevant processes shall be completed at the student's department or graduate school prior to the departure.
VII. Further inquiries, please contact Ms. Rita Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
VIII. Further Information & Downloads:
‧ Application Form
‧ National Chengchi University Short-Term Overseas Studies Subsidy Guidelines
‧ National Chengchi University Short-Term Overseas Studies Subsidy Guidelines Implementation Details
‧ National Chengchi University Language Requirements for Applying Short-Term Overseas Studies Subsidy