Full-Time Lecturer/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor of (1) Translation and Interpreting Studies, (2) Language and Technology Studies, and (3) Vietnamese Language and Culture (NCCU)
The College of Foreign Languages and Literature at National Chengchi University invites applications for Full-Time Lecturer/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor of (1) Translation and Interpreting Studies, (2) Language and Technology Studies, and (3) Vietnamese Language and Culture beginning February, 2018 for The Program in Southeast Asian Languages and Culture.
The College has established strengths in foreign language education in Taiwan. It offers specialized undergraduate teaching in English, Arabic, Slavic languages, French, German, Spanish, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Southeast Asian languages, linguistics, and Middle Eastern and Central Asian Studies. Research expertise in the College covers a wide range of literary, cultural, and linguistic fields. Currently, the College is developing cross-disciplinary teaching and research.
Specification of the positions
The College invites applications from academics with expertise in (1) Translation and Interpreting Studies, (2) Language and Technology Studies, and (3) Vietnamese Language and Culture at the Lecturer/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor level for the Program in Southeast Asian Languages and Culture.
The successful appointees will engage in teaching courses at undergraduate or professional level, designing e-learning materials, performing research, and assisting in curriculum development and administrative assignments.
(1) A Ph.D. degree in Translation Studies or related disciplines, preferably with the specialism in Vietnamese-Chinese-English or English-Chinese-Vietnamese Translation & Interpreting, and in relation to law.
(2) A Ph.D. degree in Technology Studies, preferably in relation to language, law, society, and big data.
(3) Master’s Degree or above with specialization in Vietnamese language and culture.
- Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree required by February 1, 2018.
- Ability to teach in English.
- Ability to undertake teaching and research.
- Expertise and experience in the undergraduate and postgraduate teaching as well as supervision at postgraduate level.
- A record of research publications appropriate to the level of each appointment.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarly activities, and professional service.
- Commitment to departmental service.
Please include the following documents combined into a single PDF file in the prescribed order below:
- Cover letter (in English) - Please clearly indicate which job rank you are applying for (Lecturer or Assistant Professor or Associate Professor)
- Full curriculum vitae (in English)
- Copies of two representative publications in recent five years (in English)
- Name, affiliation, and contact information (including email and telephone number) of two people who will recommend you.
- Photocopies of qualification documents (with English translations if not originally in English)
By November 30th, 2017
- Please email all documents (attached in a single PDF file) to: email@example.com
- Please also mail a copy to:
Program in Southeast Asian Languages and Culture
National Chengchi University
NO.64, Sec.2, ZhiNan Rd., Wenshan District, Taipei, Taiwan 116 R.O.C.
- An interview will be arranged for the successful applicants; teaching demonstration is required.
- If you wish your documents to be returned to you, please indicate it and enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- The appointee will commence work in February 1, 2018
Tel: 886-2-2939-3091 # 62745 (09:00~12:00 and 13:30~17:00)