Full‐Time Contract‐based Lecturer of Vietnamese Language and Culture
Full-Time Contract-based Lecturer of Vietnamese Language and Culture
National Chengchi University, Taipei The Program in Southeast Asian Languages and Culture
|Location: Taipei City|
|Hours: Full Time|
|Contract Type: Contract|
The College of Foreign Languages and Literature at National Chengchi University invites applications for a full-time lecturer of Vietnamese language and culture beginning February 1, 2018 for The Program in Southeast Asian Languages and Culture.
The College has established strengths in foreign language education in Taiwan. It offers specialized undergraduate teaching in English, Arabic, Slavic languages, French, German, Spanish, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Southeast Asian languages, linguistics, and Middle Eastern and Central Asian Studies. Research expertise in the College covers a wide range of literary, cultural, and linguistic fields. Currently, the College is developing cross-disciplinary teaching and research.
Specification of the position
The College invites applications with expertise in teaching Vietnamese language and culture for the Program in Southeast Asian Languages and Culture. The successful appointee will engage in teaching courses at undergraduate or professional level, designing e-learning materials, and assisting in curriculum development and administrative assignments.
- Master’s Degree or above with specialization in Vietnamese language and culture
- Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree required by February 1, 2018.
- Non-Chinese applicants with ability to teach in English
- Experience in teaching all levels of Vietnamese language and culture, and Vietnamese-related courses at college level
- Ability to develop and update innovative teaching materials
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to departmental service.
Please include the following documents combined into a single PDF file in the prescribed order below:
- Curriculum vitae (in English)
- A four-year language curriculum for the teaching of (1) all levels of Vietnamese language, (2) Vietnamese culture, and (3) Vietnamese-related courses
- Proposed course syllabi for (1) all levels of Vietnamese language, (2) Vietnamese culture, and (3) Vietnamese-related courses
- Copies of two representative publications (in recent five years)
- Two letters of recommendation (in recent two years)
- Photocopies of documents relevant to the position (with English translations if not originally in English)
- Photocopies of undergraduate transcripts and graduation certificate for applicants with a Master’s Degree (with English translations if not originally in English).
By November 15th, 2017
- Please email all documents (attached in a single PDF file) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please also mail a hard copy to:
Program in Southeast Asian Languages and Culture
National Chengchi University
NO.64, Sec.2, ZhiNan Rd., Wenshan District, Taipei, Taiwan 116 R.O.C.
- An interview will be arranged for the successful applicants; teaching demonstration is required.
- If you wish your documents to be returned to you, please indicate it and enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- The appointee will commence work in February 1, 2018
Tel: 886-2-2939-3091 # 62745 (09:00~12:00 and 13:30~17:00)